Thursday, October 11, 2012

Backdrop Project

    I have a fun project for making your own photography backdrop. This could be filed under upcycling too! Anyway I made a backdrop awhile back by taping newspapers to a big piece of plywood that I usually use to clip my backdrops to. I liked the effect but couldn't keep it up and wanted to think of a more permanent but movable solution. 

   While thrifting I spotted a fairly large rolling shade and thought about painting it to use as a photography backdrop (maybe another project) but then I remembered how I wanted to use the newspapers as well as two vintage or vintage look circus posters that had been torn and abused. 

   I went to the recycling center and got some newspapers which I used spray adhesive to stick onto the shade. After covering the shade with paper I added my two big circus poster. Now I need to purchase some Mod Podge to finish it up. I am hoping the Mod Podge will keep it so it can be rolled and stored in a tube when not in use. 

  I will update after I have Mod Podged! Now I need a little fella to photograph in front of my new backdrop!




No comments: