Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Grandma Worry Wart

Over the years I have thought I had conquered my obsessive worrying but lo and behold it has been reborn with the birth of my grand-daughter! I actually have four other grand-children that I do think about and worry about but I guess it is because they live so far away and I don’t know their every move so I don’t seem to be obsessed with their health and well being every moment! So I guess in some ways it is easier having them far away … yeah right Grandma … good luck believing that one! Anyway I am having a hard time not freaking out wondering how she is and if all her needs are being met. She has wonderful parents who adore her …. but they are new parents that little voice has to add …. so many dangers out there for baby …. so many safety issues to be aware of…

Never give an infant honey, will she choke on her bottle if it is propped while in her car seat, recalls on formula and baby equipment, no no she is too young for finger foods, please don’t leave her with a babysitter …. grandma is always available, traveling late at night with baby …. animals on road, car trouble, sleepy driver ACK I think I might stroke out! My list could go on and on, my mind is in overdrive!  I cut the cute little balls off her socks yesterday, they caught her eye and she was pulling on them …. I snipped them puppies right off, visions of choking relieved!

DSC_0061-2

8 comments:

Allia Zobel Nolan said...

Dear Grandma Worrywart: As a fellow worrywart, I feel for you. I've been plagued by the worry fever for years. I even wrote a book about it: THE WORRYWART'S PRAYER BOOK. I also have a blog that might help you and any of your worrywart grandma friends: THE WORRYWART'S CORNER. It just might help. All the best,

Allia Zobel Nolan
Author 170 books
The Worrywart's Prayer Book
The Worrywart's Corner

Auntie Cake said...

She is a cutie! I think all grandma's worry, I know my grandma did. She was the queen of worrying! I am sure you raised a great son who married a wonderful girl to raise that precious baby!
Kate

Auntie Cake said...

Or maybe the other way around...

sweetwyo said...

Allia, sounds like the perfect book for me! I know prayer is the answer to all my worries. Nice to hear from you and Auntie Cake too! Yes Auntie she is a wonderful daughter and surprised the heck out of us by marrying a wonderful man and I know deep down she will do a spectacular job but those old worry habits are trying to creep in!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh Grandma, please don't let worry steal you joy! Think positive and place that little bundle in God's hands, ya know...He knows just what He's doin'.

I just wanted to thank ya for your visit and hoppin' on my blog. I sure hope ya enjoy the ride.

God bless and in the words of that old Granny Clampett, "ya'll come back now, ya hear!!!

Ribbons Undone said...

What beautiful family pictures!

Kissed by an Angel said...

Hi I just popped by to say hello!! Oh dear, you sound like me!! I worried terribly about my own kids!! Still do, although it been easier since they have bought homes of their own and moved out!! I don't have grandchildren yet either!! Your grand daughter is a little cutie!!!
Take care.
xxxx

Renee @ AddMoreChocolate said...

I have one grandbaby close by and one far away. Guess what? I worry about both of them!
Those are some precious baby pictures. You have some beautiful subjects to work with :-)

Hugs,
Renee